Free Mountain Bike rental & tours
in collaboration with the MTB School of Ortisei in Val Gardena!
Well trained bikers as well as easy cyclists will get their money's worth in Ortisei di Val Gardena! Here a variety of varied forest trails and breathtaking mountain trails await you.
A highlight for experienced riders is certainly the Sellaronda MTB Tour, the 60 km long panoramic mountain bike tour around the monumental Sella Group in the Dolomites, UNESCO World Heritage Site.
At the Hotel Angelo Engel you can freely rent modern MTB's directly at the hotel and join guided MTB tours with a certified guide of the mountain bike school in Ortisei for unforgettable bike days in the Dolomites!
- Free rental of perfectly maintained mountain bikes (MTB) directly in the hotel
- Rental of E-bikes and Full-suspension bikes for a special price at MTB School St. Ulrich
- Easy / moderate MTB tours (free)
- Electric E-bike tours (special price)
- Technically demanding enduro tours (special price)
Furthermore, for our cyclists:
- a supervised video bike room
- washing station for bicycles
- Laundry service for sportswear (against payment)
- Weekly Info-Cocktail with an experienced guide of the MTB School Ortisei for information about the weeks program and some tipps and hints on the best cycling spots.
Climbing routes & climbing
In cooperation with the legendary alpine school „Catores“, we offer rock-climbing excursions of different levels. Try this thrilling experience on one of the many ferrates or, with an expert guide on the virgin rock.
Twice a week, together with the climbing school „Catores“, we organize a climbing tour. Wednesday afternoon an introductory course on the small Cir and Friday a sunrise tour on the big Cir. Cost contribution: Euro 50 p.p. per tour.
Best ferrates in Val Gardena:
- Pößnecker-Klettersteig-Sellaspitze 2.941 m
- Pisciadusteig – Pisciaduhütte 2.583 m
- Oskar-Schuster-Steig - Plattkofel 2.964
Only flying enjoys more! Hover above the valley together with the eagle and enjoy a view reserved to only few. A paragliding tandem flight will stay in your mind for long time.
„Col de Flam“ Adventure Park
From June to October, the "Col de Flam" Adventure Park, located near the Seceda valley station, offers fun for young and old: experience high-rope courses in the forest with various difficulty levels, a 180 m long zip line and a 680 m exciting Fly Line. Open: Daily from 10:00 to 18:00 (restrictions from mid-September).
7 varied and dissimilar golf courses, each one with particular characteristics, are within one hour drive from Ortisei. With Mediterranean flair like the one in Merano or high alpine properties like the one in Siusi.
- Golf club Castelrotto Alpe di Siusi: Little ponds, rivers, canyons and fascinating waterfalls give this course a special flair. Long fairways alternate with easy ones. (18-hole, Par 70)
- Golf club Alta Badia: Situated between the two mountains of Sassongher and Sella, it is one of highest golf courts in Europe. (9-hole, Par 72)
- Golf club Carezza: Play in front of the say courted Rosengarten, a marvellous surrounding for a demanding play. (9-hole, Par 70)
- Golf club Petersberg: At ca. 1.250 meters of altitude, impresses with a beautiful panorama. (18-hole, Par 71)
- Golf club Lana (Meran & surroundings): Golf in the middle of orchards, in Mediterranean climate, playable all year. (9 hole, Par 70)
- Golf club Passeier-Meran: 18 hole, standard 70, Par 71